Fictitious Business Names
We make it easy to fulfill your legal obligations. We charge a flat fee, publish your ad as many times as is required, submit a proof of publication to the county, and send you an affidavit once the process is complete. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to receive your affidavit.
HERE’S ALL IT TAKES: Make sure you have the form you received from the county. It will be stamped by the clerk and contain your file number in the corner. Don’t delay, you only have 30 days from your filing date to publish your first ad.
We also can help you with many of your other legal advertising needs.
Here are our rates:
- ALAMEDA COUNTY: The East Bay Express charges $75 for a Fictitious Business Name Statement or Abandonment of Fictitious Business Name. The deadline is Wednesday at 3pm for the following week’s paper.
- MARIN COUNTY: The Pacific Sun charges $75 for an FBN or FBN abandonment. Deadline is Wednesday at 3pm for the following Wednesday’s paper.
- PUBLISH A MARIN COUNTY FBN.
- SAN BENITO COUNTY: The Hollister Free Lance charges $89 for an FBN or FBN abandonment.
- PUBLISH A SAN BENITO COUNTY FBN.
- SANTA CLARA COUNTY: We have several publications in Santa Clara County. The Gilroy Dispatch charges $72 for an FBN or FBN abandonment. Metro Silicon Valley charges $75 for an FBN or FBN abandonment. The Morgan Hill Times charges $72 for an FBN or FBN abandonment. The deadline is Friday at 5pm.
- PUBLISH A SANTA CLARA COUNTY FBN.
- SANTA CRUZ COUNTY: The Pajaronian charges $60 for an FBN or FBN abandonment. Deadlines are 4:30pm on Tuesday for publication on Friday of the same week.
- PUBLISH A SANTA CRUZ COUNTY FBN.